The Learning Academy a charter high school serving students with autism spectrum disorder ages 14 through 21 in Palm Beach County.
The goal for the students at The Learning Academy is “Preparation for Life After School”.
To achieve our mission The Learning Academy focuses on the areas of:
- Pre-Vocational exploration and employment preparation
- Daily living skills
- Social skills
We understand and recognize that each of our students are unique and that their post-graduation goals will be unique as well.
The Learning Academy’s program is based on the principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA). We provide quality educational programming that is tailored to meet the needs of each student.
The Learning Academy is committed to providing high quality education through individualized education programs, accommodations, modifications and supports including:
- Low student to teacher ratios
- Differentiated instruction
- Research-based curriculum
- Assistive technology
- Visual supports
- Positive Reinforcement
- Functional behavior assessments
In addition to individualized instruction in the core curriculum areas of English, mathematics, science and social studies, students have the opportunity to participate in:
- Physical education
- Vocational training
- Life skills training
- Social pragmatic language instruction
- Community-based instruction
- In-house and community vocational experiences